Using the Researcher Home Page
Download a copy of the new Guide to Researcher Home Page booklet (PDF File, 11 MB) or the Researcher Home Page brochure (PDF 2.6 MB).
Information You Need Before You Start
- Your CCID and password to log in to PeopleSoft.
- Navigate to the University of Alberta PeopleSoft Financials login page on your web browser (https://www.prodps.ualberta.ca/psp/finprd/?cmd=login).
- Enter your CCID and password to log in (Note: Password is case-sensitive).
- In the Self-Service Center, click on the Researcher Home Page link in the General Inquiry section. Note: If you already hold research projects or proposals, the Researcher Home Page will automatically display your active research Projects and Proposals.
- If you wish to see additional details on your research project or proposals, you may click the Details or Over Expenditure tabs.
- Clicking the Show All Columns ICON next to the Over Expenditure tab displays all information for all tabs.
- Clicking the Download ICON in the top-right corner downloads the entire list to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Clicking the Grants Life Cycle ICON for a proposal or project will display the Grants Life Cycle diagram, which provides additional information on the status of your new project request or active project.
- Clicking the paper clip ICON will display the list of online attachments for each research project that can be viewed or downloaded (i.e., Notice of Award, signed contracts, amendments, etc.).
- Clicking the Project Number will display the Financial Overview report showing a summary of the budgets and expenditures.
- Clicking the Proposal Number will display the details of what was entered to create the proposal. Note that this takes you to a search page that will automatically add the proposal number. Just click Search.
- The ICON in the upper-right corner means PeopleSoft is processing. Please be patient as some tasks take several seconds to complete.
- If at any point you want to return to the Self-Service Center, click Home in the top-right corner of the screen.
- When you are finished in PeopleSoft, remember to click Sign out in the top-right corner of the screen.