Major Upgrade of Researcher Home Page
On August 18, 2014, the Research Services Office launched Grants 3.0, which includes an upgrade to the Researcher Home Page, a self-serve online tool for researchers. Grants 3.0 is the name of the software upgrade to the University’s PeopleSoft grants management system used to track research grants and contracts and to manage all research funding received by the University of Alberta.
Key Links: Grants 3.0 | Using the Researcher Home Page | How to request authorization for an over expenditure | PeopleSoft Online Training (UPK)
Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
The CFI has finalized their Call for Proposals and Q&A-style document associated with the Cyberinfrastructure Initiative. Details are included on the RSO Cyberinfrastructure Initiative page. We ask that all Expressions of Interest be forwarded to the attention of Neil Sulakhe, with cc's to the DPT Chair and the Associate Dean / Vice-Dean Responsible for Research. Although the internal deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest was set for February 16, 2015, we are still open for submissions until the competition deadline of February 27, 2015. As per the finalized call, Expressions of Interest are to include the following:
- project title,
- composition of the consortium (institutions and principal members of the consortium),
- a one paragraph summary (200 words) describing the proposed research data infrastructure project,
- the estimated total project cost, and
- the amount of funding that will be requested from the CFI.
Please contact Neil if you have immediate questions by phone (780-492-8936) or email at email@example.com
Neil Sulakhe, MBA, Manager & CFI Liaison, Partnership and Institutional Projects, Research Services Office
Highlighted Funding Opportunities
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) has launched the latest call for proposals through the Discovery Frontiers initiative. This round of funding will focus on emerging opportunities in the area of New Materials for Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency. Please refer to the program news item or the call for proposals information page for more details. Letter of Intent Application Deadline: March 2, 2015.
Check out our main Funding Opportunities page for a detailed listing of national funding and training opportunities.
Indirect Costs of Research
Indirect Costs of Research Background Information (prepared by the RSO at the request of the University Research Policy Committee, January 2014)
Quick Reference Guides
Grant Assist Program
The Office of the Vice-President (Research) has implemented a Grant Assist Program offering University of Alberta researchers grant application development in Health Sciences, Natural Sciences and Engineering and Social Sciences and Humanities.